The easy-Photochem E-Series is a more basic E-Series system. It comes with a photochemical reactor with a light and power source. The light source can be an LED, with wavelengths varying from 365 nm to 500 nm or as a high intensity, medium pressure mercury lamp with variable power input of 75-150 Watts. The easy-Photochem is perfect for any and all photochemical, including the use of solid photocatalysts due to the V-3 pump in every E-Series. The easy-Photochem can be expanded with other reactors, to couple the photochemical step with others, such as pre-heating with a heated reactor, quenching with a cooled reactor or a second synthetic step in sequence.
The easy-Photochem package includes:
- A UV-150 photochemical reactor kit
The easy-Photochem E-Series comes with a UV-150 photochemical reactor, light source and power. As with all E-Series, the system is compatible with all reactors like the R-Series, which are all interchangeable in seconds. Other reactors can be found on the reactors page and include:
- Heated or cooled
- Tube or column
- Regular or pre-mixing
- Polymer, stainless steel or Cu / Ag / Zn tube reactors for catalysed reactions.
- Gas / liquid reactor
- UV-150 Photochemical reactor
- Glass microchip reactors
- 2 reaction steps, temperature controlled separately
The V-3 Pump
Simple, accurate and reliable pumping of all reagents, including
- Volatile solvents
- Great for organometallic/highly reactive reagents (e.g. BuLi, DIBAL)
- Strong acids including fuming Nitric acid
- Suspensions and light slurries
- Choose from 2 or 3 pump system, or start with 2 and add a third later.
The easy-Photochem E-Series comes with a touchscreen interface, mounted at an ergonomically optimal height with full tilt adjustment. The easy-Photochem has a basic user interface, allowing to easily set the key flow rates and temperature parameters. It also includes useful tools, such as:
- Vapour pressure calculator
- Arrhenius “reaction acceleration” prediction tool
- Axial dispersion look up tool
The E-Series base models can be expanded with a range of different accessories. These include:
- An additional pump
- Collection valve
- Organometallic kit (for air/moisture sensitive reagents)
- Cryogenic reaction kit
Each optional kit is user installable.
Details for the range of accessories ***(add hyperlink when pages match)***