The RS-400 is a complex system, with some room for customisation. It is still completely modular, compatible with simpler and older systems. It includes fully automated control, an autosampler/collector, 4 pumps and a number of reactors. It is ideal for library synthesis and catalysis screening.
The RS-400 package contains:
- 2x R-series pump modules for maximum reagent delivery flexibiltiy
- A fraction collector for automated collection
- Flow commander professional control software for automation of multiple pumps
- A range of reactors offering diverse conditions
- An equipment frame and drip trays
- A liquid handler for automated reagent loading and product collection
The RS-400 comes with a standard heated, cooled and high temperature tube reactors and the standard heated column reactor. As with all R-Series, the system is completely modular and can support the whole range of reactor types, all interchangeable in seconds. Other reactors can be found on the reactors page and include:
- Heated or cooled
- Tube or column
- Regular or pre-mixing
- Polymer, stainless steel or Cu / Ag / Zn tube reactors for catalysed reactions.
- Gas / liquid reactor
- UV-150 Photochemical reactor
- Glass microchip reactors
- Up to 4 reaction steps as standard
The RS-400 comes with four R2-C pumps as standard. There are a number of R-Series pumps displayed on the pumping modules page, each with its own advantage and capability for reactions and reagents. The RS-400 already uses 4 pumps, however the pump can still be interchanged.
All pumps are simple, accurate and reliable, and with the correct pump, can carry out reactions using:
- Large range of solvents
- Volatile solvents
- Highly reactive reagents (e.g. BuLi, DIBAL)
- Strong acids
- High pressure
- Sample injection loops
All pump modules come with Vapourtec’s continuous monitoring system to ensure displayed flow rate is always accurate.
The RS-400 includes the “FlowCommander” software. Choose from simple push button front panel or easy to use touchscreen.
Flow Commander will:
- Automate the mundane
- Run a list of reactions unattended
- Log, save and chart data
- Predict dispersion
- Save reaction setup for later re-use or sharing
- Export system diagrams for reports and publications
- It also comes with the alternative “Flow Wizard” interface which is optimised for occasional manual use
The RS-400 is the most complex configuration, however it can still be customized in some ways. The R-Series can be tailored to suit your needs. Including the previous sections, the RS-400 can be customised by including:
- Extra pumps/different pumps
- More reactors/other reactors
- UV sensor (which can be used to trigger collection of product peaks)
- Integration with METTLER TOLEDO FlowIR system (which can be used to trigger collection of product peaks)
All new developments are backwardly compatible, so even the oldest systems can accept all the latest capabilities and vise versa.