Vapourtec are always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team. Due to growth in 2017 we are now recruiting for the below roles:
Please forward your CV using this link :Email recruitment if you’d like to be considered for our jobs and opportunities.
Job Title: Sales specialist (Technical, Manufacturing, OEM) (full time – 40hrs p/w)
Due to continued growth in 2017 an exciting opportunity has arisen to work at an innovative company manufacturing hi-tech laboratory equipment based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. This role is part of the sales team and will be reporting to the Sales Manager.
The Sales Specialist is responsible for promoting, presenting and selling Vapourtec’s flow chemistry instruments. The role involves, following up enquires, preparing accurate quotations and demonstrating the product at customer sites. The sales specialist will prepare documents such as price quotations, terms of sales and managing delivery dates and customer expectations. Following the initial training period, although a proportion of the time will be office based (Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk) the role is expected to require periods out of the office visiting customers. Business trips requiring an overnight stay will not exceed 6 weeks in a calendar year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Follow up new sales leads
- Organise customer visits and demonstration tours in UK and overseas
- Prepare quotes, and answer any enquiries on instruments
- Interact closely with existing customers to develop new sales leads
- Carry out prospecting to find new sales leads
- Attend conferences in UK and overseas
- Negotiate discount levels to win orders
- Follow-up on orders
- Carry out email campaigns to develop new business
- Provide phone support to Customers for quotes and new equipment
- Prepare tender documents when required
- Answer questions in a timely manner
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude:
- Knowledge of chemical synthesis laboratory equipment is desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working with internal/external customers
- Good presentation skills
- Experience in negotiation
- An ability to work under pressure
- Able to work to own initiative
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Experience in the use of ACT CRM system would be a benefit but is not essential
- Interest in work related overseas travel
- Good first degree (2:1 or better) preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other scientific degree + at least 3 years experience in a sales role with demonstrated success.
Vapourtec Ltd is the global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of flow chemistry systems for a wide variety of sectors across the globe including education, academic research, pharmaceutical and industry. Vapourtec products are used by all of the major pharmaceutical brands. We strongly believe that our best assets are the individuals we employ. We all work together in a fast-paced environment striving towards common goals and are always open to innovation and success. We are keen for you to become part of our growing team.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for the position will be based on experience £25,000 to £32,000/year + sales related bonus (OTE £30K-£40K/year)
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Position: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Driving: Driving license required
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalised paperwork to live and work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23rd April 2018
To apply for the position please send in your CV using this email link – Email recruitment