R-Series features with V3 pumps
It is also possible to pump slurries and light suspensions using the R2S module. With the same capability as the standard pump and the additional capabilities of:
- Suspensions and light slurries
- Ideal for organometallic reagents
- Metering gases
- Self priming
- Strong acids including fuming Nitric Acid
- The R2-S can be added to an existing two pump system for increased capability
- flow rates from 0.05 ml/min to 10 ml/min and pressures up to 10 bar.
How does it work?
At the heart of the R2-S pump module is Vapourtec’s V-3 precision peristaltic pump. It’s capable of…
- Pumping at 10 bar, with flow rates from 0.02 mL/min to 10.0 mL/min
- Handling strong acids, bases and organometallic reagents, as well as a range of gases
- Generating smooth output flow across the full pressure range
A traditional peristaltic pump would be unsuitable for flow chemistry because…
- It would not withstand the range of solvents and reagents required for chemical synthesis
- It could not generate sufficient pressure
- The output would not be smooth, constant flow rate
The Vapourtec V-3 (left) features advanced control for smooth output.
The tube materials are specially developed in collaboration with a major global fluoropolymer manufacturer, resulting in a pump which can generate high pressures and is compatible with synthesis solvents, acids and bases.
A standard peristaltic pump runs at a steady rotational speed whereas the V-3 does not.
The exact rotational speed profile is complex and is a patented function of the flow rate, rotor position and pressure. The result of that behind the scenes complexity is total simplicity for the user.
For more informatino on the R2S capabilities please contact us below.