The easy-Scholar E-Series is an entry level flow chemistry system. It is capable for a large number of reactions and can be built and expanded on. With a simple and effective user interface, it is especially ideal for teaching flow chemistry.
The easy-Scholar package contains:
- A tube reactor assembly – ambient to 150°C
- User interface with manual control software
- 2 or 3 V-3 pumps
The easy-scholar E-Series comes with a standard heated tube reactor. As with all E-Series, the system is compatible with all reactors like the R-Series, which are all interchangeable in seconds. Other reactors can be found on the reactors page and include:
- Heated or cooled
- Tube or column
- Regular or pre-mixing
- Polymer, stainless steel or Cu / Ag / Zn tube reactors for catalysed reactions.
- Gas / liquid reactor
- UV-150 Photochemical reactor
- Glass microchip reactors
- 2 reaction steps, temperature controlled separately
The V-3 Pump
Simple, accurate and reliable pumping of all reagents, including
- Volatile solvents
- Great for organometallic/highly reactive reagents (e.g. BuLi, DIBAL)
- Strong acids including fuming Nitric acid
- Suspensions and light slurries
- Choose from 2 or 3 pump system, or start with 2 and add a third later.
The easy-Scholar E-Series comes with a touchscreen interface, mounted at an ergonomically optimal height with full tilt adjustment. The easy-Scholar has a basic user interface, allowing to easily set the key flow rates and temperature parameters. It also includes useful tools, such as:
- Vapour pressure calculator
- Arrhenius “reaction acceleration” prediction tool
- Axial dispersion look up tool
The E-Series base models can be expanded with a range of different accessories. Such as:
- An additional pump
- Collection valve
- Organometallic kit (for air/moisture sensitive reagents)
- Cryogenic reaction kit
Each optional kit is user installable.
Details for the range of accessories can be found here