The Vapourtec fixed bed reactor contains a column within a glass manifold, in which heat transfer in or out of the column is achieved by controlling the temperature of the surrounding gas flowing through the glass manifold. This temperature is measured at the outer wall of the column, in such a way that it is representative of the temperature on the inner wall.
There are many advantages to this design, (compared to the conventional method of clamping the column between heated metal jaws), such as:
- The contents of the column are always visible
- The column heating is absolutely even, with no hot spots.
Fixed bed reactors may be used for workup, for scavengers, solid supported catalysts, for solid supported reagents, or even to dispense reagents.
Max pressure depends on bore of the column and, for larger sizes, temperature.
Note that the thermocouple is different from that on the tube reactor manifolds, and they are not interchangeable.
Fixed bed diameters of 6.6mm, 10mm and 15mm diameters are supported and fittings and adaptors are available with fixed and adjustable ends.
Standard fixed bed reactor features
- Ambient to 150°C
- Ideal for scavenger resins, immobilised catalysts, solid supported reagents
- Accepts standard Omnifit glass columns
- Full visibility of column contents
- Precise temperature control