The RS-100 is an ideal entry level configuration for an R-Series, perfect for academic research or similar goals. The RS-100 can be easily expanded to be capable of any reaction to help for for any target due to its completely modular nature.
The RS-100 package contains:
- 1 x R2+ pump module
- 1 x heated tube reactor for reactions up to 150°C
- 1 x heated column reactor for reactions up to 150°C
The RS-100 comes with a standard heated tube and column reactor. As with all R-Series, the system is completely modular and can support the whole range of reactor types, all interchangeable in seconds. Other reactors can be found on the reactors page and include:
- Heated or cooled
- Tube or column
- Regular or pre-mixing
- Polymer, stainless steel or Cu / Ag / Zn tube reactors for catalysed reactions.
- Gas / liquid reactor
- UV-150 Photochemical reactor
- Glass microchip reactors
- Up to 4 reaction steps as standard
The RS-100 comes with one R2+ pump module as standard. There are a number of R-Series pumps displayed on the pumping modules page, each with its own advantage and capability for reactions and reagents. Additionally, more pumps can be added, allowing an R-Series system to utilise 2, 3 or 4 pumps simultaneously.
All pumps are simple, accurate and reliable, and with the correct pump, can carry out reactions using:
- Large range of solvents
- Volatile solvents
- Highly reactive reagents (e.g. BuLi, DIBAL)
- Strong acids
- High pressure
- Sample injection loops
All pump modules come with Vapourtec’s continuous monitoring system to ensure displayed flow rate is always accurate.
Expansion and customisation
The RS-100 is the simplest configuration, however it is the most customisable. The R-Series can grow to suit your needs. Including the previous sections, the RS-100 can be expanded to include:
- Extra pumps
- More reactors
- Fraction collector
- Autosampler which can inject different reagents into each one of a list of automated unattended reactions
- UV sensor (which can be used to trigger collection of product peaks)
- Integration with METTLER TOLEDO FlowIR system (which can be used to trigger collection of product peaks)
All new developments are backwardly compatible, so even the oldest systems can accept all the latest capabilities and vise versa.