Scalable synthesis of favipiravir via conventional and continuous flow chemistry
- Thanat Tiyasakulchaia
- Netnapa Charoensetakula
- Thitiphong Khamkhenshorngphanuchb
- Chawanee Thongpanchangaa
- Onsiri Srikunc
- Yongyuth Yuthavonga
- Nitipol Srimongkolpithaka
- aNational Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), Pathum Thani, Thailand
- bDepartment of General Education, Faculty of Science and Health Technology, Navamindradhiraj University, Bangkok, Thailand
- cGovernment Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), Bangkok, ThailandRead the publication that featured this abstract
Decagram scale synthesis of favipiravir was performed in 9 steps using diethyl malonate as cheap starting material. Hydrogenation and bromination steps were achieved by employing a continuous flow reactor. The synthetic process provided a total of 16% yield and it is suitable for larger-scale synthesis and production.
The Vapourtec R-Series is, quite simply, unrivalled for flow chemistry
- Flexible |
- Precise |
The R-Series is undoubtedly the most versatile, modular flow chemistry system available today.
The Vapourtec E-Series is the perfect introductory system for flow chemistry
- Robust |
- Easy to use |
The E-Series is a robust and affordable, entry level flow chemistry system designed for reliability and ease of use.