Continuous Synthesis of Artemisinin-Derived Medicines
- Kerry Gilmorea
- Daniel Kopetzkia
- Ju Weon Leeb
- Zoltan Horvathb
- D. Tyler McQuadea
- Andreas Seidel-Morgensternb,c
- Peter H. Seebergera,d
- aMax-Planck-Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Department of Biomolecular Systems, Germany
- bMax-Planck-Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Germany
- cOtto-von-Guericke-University, Chair for Chemical Process Technology, Germany
- dFreie Universität Berlin, Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Berlin, GermanyRead the publication that featured this abstract
Described is a continuous, divergent synthesis system which is coupled to continuous purification and is capable of producing four anti-malarial APIs. The system is comprised of three linked reaction modules for photooxidation/cyclization, reduction, and derivatization. A fourth module couples the crude reaction stream with continuous purification to yield pure API.
The Vapourtec R-Series is, quite simply, unrivalled for flow chemistry
- Flexible :
- Precise :
The R-Series is undoubtedly the most versatile, modular flow chemistry system available today.
The Vapourtec E-Series is the perfect introductory system for flow chemistry
- Robust :
- Easy to use :
The E-Series is a robust and affordable, entry level flow chemistry system designed for reliability and ease of use.