“Green Is the Color”: An Update on Ecofriendly Aspects of Organoselenium Chemistry
- Juliano B. Azeredo1
- Filipe Penteado2
- Vanessa Nascimento3
- Luca Sancineto4
- Antonio L. Braga5
- Eder João Lenardao2
- Claudio Santi4
- 1Programa de Pós-Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Universidade Federal do Pampa, Uruguaiana, Uruguaiana 97501-970, RS, Brazil
- 2Laboratório de Síntese Orgânica Limpa-LaSOL-CCQFA, Universidade Federal de Pelotas-UFPel, P.O. Box 354, Pelotas 96010-900, RS, Brazil
- 3Laboratório SupraSelen, Departamento de Química Orgânica, Instituto de Química, Campus do Valonguinho, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi 24020-150, RJ, Brazil
- 4Group of Catalysis Synthesis and Organic Green Chemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Perugia, Via del Liceo 1, 06100 Perugia, Italy
- 5Departamento de Química, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina—UFSC, Florianopolis 88040-900, SC, BrazilRead the publication that featured this abstract
Organoselenium compounds have been successfully applied in biological, medicinal and material sciences, as well as a powerful tool for modern organic synthesis, attracting the attention of the scientific community. This great success is mainly due to the breaking of paradigm demonstrated by innumerous works, that the selenium compounds were toxic and would have a potential impact on the environment. In this update review, we highlight the relevance of these compounds in several fields of research as well as the possibility to synthesize them through more environmentally sustainable methodologies, involving catalytic processes, flow chemistry, electrosynthesis, as well as by the use of alternative energy sources, including mechanochemical, photochemistry, sonochemical and microwave irradiation.
The Vapourtec R-Series is, quite simply, unrivalled for flow chemistry
- Flexible |
- Precise |
The R-Series is undoubtedly the most versatile, modular flow chemistry system available today.
The Vapourtec E-Series is the perfect introductory system for flow chemistry
- Robust |
- Easy to use |
The E-Series is a robust and affordable, entry level flow chemistry system designed for reliability and ease of use.