4,7-Diarylbenzo[c][1,2,5]thiadiazoles as fluorophores and visible light organophotocatalysts
- Dominic Taylora
- Thomas Malcomsonb
- Adilet Zhakeyevc
- Shengxian Chengd
- Georgina M. Rosaira
- Jose Marques-Huesoc
- Zhengtao Xue
- Martin J. Patersona
- Scott J. Dalgarnoa
- Filipe Vilelaa
- aInstitute of Chemical Sciences, School of Engineering and Physical Science, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AS, UK.
- bDepartment of Chemistry, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YB, UK
- cInstitute of Sensors, Signals and Systems, School of Engineering and Physical Science, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AS, UK
- dDepartment of Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, 83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- eInstitute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), Agency of Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), 2 Fusionopolis Way, Innovis, Singapore 138634Read the publication that featured this abstract
Electron donor–acceptor (D–A) systems based on the benzo[c][1,2,5]thiadiazole (BTZ) motif have been extensively researched for use in photovoltaics or as fluorescent sensors. However, their use as potential visible-light organophotocatalysts has not received any in-depth study. Here we report the synthesis, characterisation, and application of a library of 26 D–A compounds based on the BTZ group. By varying the donor groups whilst keeping the BTZ acceptor group the same, we have been able to systematically modify the photocatalyst’s optoelectronic and photophysical properties. These photocatalysts were then validated using a Minisci-type decarboxylative alkylation of electron deficient heteroarenes as a test reaction under both batch and continuous flow conditions.
Get in touch
For more information on flow chemistry systems and services please use the contact methods below.
Call us on +44 (0)1284 728659 or Email us
The Vapourtec R-Series is, quite simply, unrivalled for flow chemistry
- Flexible |
- Precise |
The R-Series is undoubtedly the most versatile, modular flow chemistry system available today.
The Vapourtec E-Series is the perfect introductory system for flow chemistry
- Robust |
- Easy to use |
The E-Series is a robust and affordable, entry level flow chemistry system designed for reliability and ease of use.